dissabte, d’agost 04, 2007

How To Be An Asshole; Lesson #31

Since the majority of my alone time takes place while I am walking around the city (be it to the train, from the train, or in spite of the train) I tend to turn use those moments to observe others. Some people only learn from their own mistakes, but I make the extra effort to also learn from the mistakes others commit in front of me. Given the pedestrian nature of my cohabitants it would be a shame, wasteful even, to let a transient travesty go unchecked.

One common scenario where this judgmental behavior manifests itself is when a couple of lovebirds swoop past. I, like most people, (unfortunately, yet reassuringly) think about whether the relationship is doomed because their respective physical features don't plot adjacent points on the beauty spectrum. In my mind the need for mass adoption of the attractiveness compatibility rating system is the sole reason we are taught at a small age that a round peg goes in a round hole and not in the pentagram shaped one. The people who love you just want to make sure that you understand there is a properly shaped orifice for the square that you are.

From time to time a complete mismatch will cross my path and I'll drop some qualifier on how sparks ever flew. Common ones are "he makes a lot of money," "she has self confidence issues," and "he/she must have a fantastic/horrendous personality." But every once in a while, when I'm in complete dick mode, a couple will flood my scope and trigger the thought that they must have terrible sex, and not even know it.

This isn't something I reserve for people that most would find unattractive. There doesn't seem to be a distinct criteria that leads me to this conclusion. But one conclusion that can be made is that I seriously have a problem when it comes to objectivity.



Publica un comentari a l'entrada
Everything on this website is solely the opinion of Michael Lorenzo, which should not be taken to reflect the truth in any way. As for the pictures, I don't know who these people are.