diumenge, de setembre 23, 2007

Music Machete - The Start of a New Era

I could have written about the lack of roller skating cops in this country, the pervasiveness of cheating outside of American athletics, or just waxed poetically about how the shape known as 'diamond' proves that the world is willing to look at the accepted through a different perspective. Instead I chose to go the route a any have taken before me, and I have chosen to offer you free music for your continued page viewership. This will be an unceremonious debut of sorts. I've finally decided to use free file sharing site and will from here on out dedicate my blogs to distributing mp3's. You can think of this as another little virtual pirate ship or just forgo all the metaphors and partake in my better taste in music. The possibilities are endless, up to a point, but you get the idea.

So here are a couple songs I've been jamming to recently. I'm not going to describe them because in my mind they are so last week.

Into The Galaxy.mp3

B.O.O.T.A.Y.mp3


I went to the Chemical Brother's show at McCarren Pool yesterday and had an absolute blast. Outside of the douche bag next to me who was trying to prove to his current girlfriend that he didn't know why his ex-gf was standing right next to them I really had nothing to complain about. Actually, the fact that an acquaintance's fiancee happened to ask me, out of the blue, if I knew where to get speed or x made up for all that nonsense. Cindy Lauper's song doesn't do showing one's true color's justice. Its actually quite exciting, or disturbing. Even though I've seen quite a few bands in my time I don't usually go to electronic music concerts, relatively speaking, but this was a definite gem. The Chem Bros are all around pros and have few deadspots in their show. Visuals, bass, crowd pleasing gestures, and atmosphere all combined to make for a good time. Definitely worth the price of admission if you make sure to get there late and miss Ladytron open. It is difficult to not consider one's mind blown once that guy in the image to the right shows up to the party. Here's a free remix of one song that made the got everyone jumping.

Do It Again (Elektric Cowboy Remix).mp3

Hopefully the new gifts are enjoyable. They won't be up forever and have a limited amount of downloads so make sure to get on it fast if you want to take a listen. Just right click and save as... if you want to keep the file for yourself.

Have a great week.



Publica un comentari a l'entrada
Everything on this website is solely the opinion of Michael Lorenzo, which should not be taken to reflect the truth in any way. As for the pictures, I don't know who these people are.